Monday, January 30, 2012

Welcome to Canada, Eh

The patient waiting is over, I am now on my Canadian climbing trip! I flew to Seattle on the 27th and was picked up by my parter Amos at the airport. We then drove to Missoula, MT and stayed the night with my friend Mark before continuing the trip north to Canmore and checking into our accommodations, The Hostel Bear.

On the 28th we got up and decided to climb Whiteman Falls, a classic climb located in Opal Creek, and test the ice.

Whiteman Falls WI6 - by John Giraldo

Amos pulling an ice roof - by John Giraldo

Crazy ice tube - by John Giraldo

Pitch 1 belay - by John Giraldo
Amos topping out on Pitch 2 - by John Giraldo

Today we had a short day and headed out to test the rock at Haffner Creek. Awesome creek action!

Tons of snow - by John Giraldo
Amos on Half a Gronk M5+ - by John Giraldo

Random climbers - by John Giraldo

No comments:

Post a Comment