Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Ptarmagain - Ski Tracks

At long last I was able to climb Ski Tracks on Saturday with Amos. I had been wanting to climb this route for a long time but had been denied twice so I was stoked to finally get it done. 

On my first ill fated attempt I went up with Marco in February 2011 but not knowing where to start we ended up way left of Ski Tracks on Catatonia. Unable to continue and with the temperature around zero we returned. 

Marco starting up - by John Giraldo

On rappel, if you follow the ropes you can just
see Marco - by John Giraldo

Frostbite! - by John Giraldo

My second attempt was with Jeff in October 2011 during a snowstorm. We managed to make it past 60 moose on the walk in while getting soaked by wet early season snow. After trundling a block on my chest I made it to the first anchor thoroughly soaked, it was here that we turned around. 

A very snowy P1 - by Jeff Wagner

Finally I headed back up, this time with Amos. The ski in was less than ideal, it was hard packed and at an angle but we managed to make it and posthole up to the start of the route. After about 8 hours of shredding we topped out in beautiful weather and then made exhilarating high speed glissades back to the skis. Great route and a fun day out!

The first snowfield - by John Giraldo

Sending - by John Giraldo

Simul climbing - by John Giraldo

The ginger and his granola - by John Giraldo









2 comments: