Saturday, January 7, 2012

Tunnel Section

On Saturday, 12-31-11 partner and I borrowed a snow machine and headed up Placer River overflow to the Tunnel Section to check out the climbs. Following an exciting 12 mile creek fording snow machine trip we made it to the drainage and hiked upstream to our objective, Eatin' Crow(WI6). Technical scary climbing ensued in which my skills as belayer were utilized, and tired but happy we turned around and began the dark ride back out. After cratering the sled in the water on the last creek crossing, a feat that successfully soaked and thrashed both of us, I managed to make it back to the highway miles from my truck necessitating a late night hitch hike ride. All in all a full value day bringing 2011 to a close!

If you happen on a bunch of extra time, check out Eddies clip, I can't figure out how to embed Vimeo videos so until then here's the link: http://vimeo.com/34629820

Eddie stemming thru the crux

No comments:

Post a Comment